Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Gods have spoken

I wanted to blog last night, but was too tired. Tonight I was going to work from home for a couple of hours, but lo and behold, my password to get in wouldn't work. The IS person only works 8 am-4 pm so I'm SOL until tomorrow. The Gods have spoken! I was meant to blog tonight! YEA!

Not that I have that much to say. Oh well maybe. I have one sleeve finished on the FBL, and I started the other one. Pictures when I'm done. I am making progress on my mittens, see:


I really haven't been working on these too much. A little bit the past week or so, since my FBL is too cumbersome to lug around. Okay, just realized I have been calling that FBL, when it should be FLS = February Lady Sweater. DUH! Oh well! It's stuck as FBL now.

Otherwise not much going on. Oh yeah the hubby, JB, is on a Hawaii diet now. So we have been trying to eat better at night. Last night I made asparagus sauteed in a wee bit of butter and olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and a scosh of Parmesan cheese, once drained.


They were okay, but probably would have been better hot. By the time I sat down to eat they were a little cold. JB loves asparagus, and would eat them just plain steamed, but I need a little somethin' somethin' on them. We had grilled chicken to go with the asparagus. Tonight it's grilled chicken and broccoli and maybe some corn. Not sure about the corn yet.

After it's some T.V., some knitting, and some more book perusing.

I have read so much about Hawaii that I could write a travel book about it. Now I just have to write some stuff down that I want to see and do, in my hardcore Hawaii book, formerly known as my hardcore knitting book. (Skull and cross bones = hardcore) It only had 2 pages of notes for knitting, so I figured it would be better used for travel notes.

TTFN! Enjoy your evening and happy knitting :)

7 comments:

  1. Roasted asparagus are delish - toss 'em in olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, bake at 400 until they are tender when you poke 'em (10 min or so), turn the oven off & let 'em sit until dinner is ready (to avoid the cold issue, I have that problem too)

    I gotta tell you, I think I"m coming down with a migraine...so I don't think I'll be able to knit at lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you want to work when you can blog, knit, catch some tv and make plans for you and JB in paradise??
    Sounds like a perfect evening to me.
    And the asparaus looked mighty pretty in the pan... you know I love green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hawaii will be nice. The mitts are really beautiful. Coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Rachael. To roast asparagus is devine. Yum!!!
    The mittens are looking wonderful. I really want to see your progress on the Feb sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mitts are lookin' great!! Our n'bors grow asparagus in the field...we cut it down and have it fresh but I have to fix it almost like you do (never thought of the cheese but will try it now). Next year I'll get some picts.

    YAY for Hawaii!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh, please come cook for me! Or just invite me over. I love asparagus. And chicken. And parmesan. And I want to go to Hawaii.

    My friend just came home from her son's wedding in Maui. Can you imagine? I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mittens are gorgeous--wonderful color work!

    And I agree with rachael on the roasted asparagus. That's the same way I cook mine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete