Sorry, but words just can't describe the pride and happiness I feel right now. Gotta go!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
- A pair of house socks for my father-in-law.
- Scarf for my Dad. The poor guy needs a new scarf. Nothing fancy, but something along the lines of my comfy scarf (Ravelry link), but made from acrylic, so he can throw it in the washer. He uses it at dialysis to keep his neck warm.
- Leaf T-shirt (Ravelry) in red for myself. Knit in the round and seems pretty easy.
- Some wash clothes and a back scrubber for a co-worker.
Maybe I'll throw an extra pair of socks in for myself. Just in case. I'll also have some books with me, one of which I just won from Jill at Romance Rookie. She was giving away a copy of The Darcys and the Bingleys. Jill reviews romance books of all kinds, and there are quite a few that look interesting. Who doesn't love a good romance book once in a while? I stumbled onto her site from someone else, and I'm glad I did.I also downloaded two audio books I'm interested in as well. Two classics, Lady Audley's Secret and ....the other one is escaping at the moment. Either way, I think I have the important bases covered. Don't you agree?
Friday, October 17, 2008
You are The Empress
Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.
The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.
The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.
What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
So I haven't been knitting this sweater for too long. I showed Suzy Girl my progress and she thought I was nearly ready to separate for the sleeves. Mind you I was following the directions for size B, but where I was in the pattern was for size A.
Yes, I did a gauge swatch for this project. I was falling in between needle sizes 10.5 and 11 with this bulky yarn. It is Wool of the Andes Bulky from Knit Picks, and I really like knitting with it. Back to the swatch, I washed and blocked and still in between sizes. So I went with an 11, because I didn't want the neck to big super tight against my neck, and from the picture the necks looks close fitting. Well as you can see, I am ready separate.
This will lead me to follow the directions for Size A. When I explained all this to fellow knitter Cattywampus, she gave me a look of concern. She is quite knowledgeable;e when it comes to knitting and sizing. She just didn't want me to be disappointed with my mistakes later, which I completely understand. However, I am stubborn and if this doesn't work out, I will learn from my mistake. It's a sweater I know, but it's only stockinette stitch from this point on. I will just frog, live and learn.
Besides, I think this sweater is going to be okay. And I actually did measure myself as a result of this. So something good to come out of this. Not something I wanted to do, but I did it. And i survived.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
You Are Australia
You have an a great life, and you consider yourself very lucky.
Although you're thankful for what you have, you know you're also a bit of an underdog.
You are modest, authentic, and sincere. You don't boast... if anything, you're self deprecating.
You aren't formal, and people consider you to be very approachable. You remain relaxed and casual in any situation.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Dustinac from A Mountaineer Knitter tagged me today. So here it goes:
- I would love to be on the Amazing Race. I mean like, if I had a partner, i would do it tomorrow. I have printed out the app, and thought about my application video. It's that whole sense of adventure/discovery thing. JB is so not down on being on TV.
- Peanut butter and chocolate are my favorite candy/ice cream combo. Hot fudge sundae with peanut butter ice cream, if you are wondering.
- I love roller coasters. Drove to Cedar Point, just for the roller coasters. If I had my way, every vacation would be centered around an amusement park.
- I'm pretty sure I would or could live in Europe. Never been there, not exactly sure what I would do for a living, but I'm pretty sure I can figure it out.
- Have considered becoming a librarian or museum worker or curator. (This is in case i never open a yarn store someday.)
- I can get totally lost in a good book. I mean totally, totally lost. Like lay in bed all day and read.
- I am an optimist. I try to always look a t the bright side of life. Most of time anyway :)
Not sure who I should tag, and since I'm behind on my blog reading, consider all of yourselves tagged :)
Phillies won today! First playoff win since 1993. Game 2 tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!