So I haven't been knitting this sweater for too long. I showed Suzy Girl my progress and she thought I was nearly ready to separate for the sleeves. Mind you I was following the directions for size B, but where I was in the pattern was for size A.
Yes, I did a gauge swatch for this project. I was falling in between needle sizes 10.5 and 11 with this bulky yarn. It is Wool of the Andes Bulky from Knit Picks, and I really like knitting with it. Back to the swatch, I washed and blocked and still in between sizes. So I went with an 11, because I didn't want the neck to big super tight against my neck, and from the picture the necks looks close fitting. Well as you can see, I am ready separate.
This will lead me to follow the directions for Size A. When I explained all this to fellow knitter Cattywampus, she gave me a look of concern. She is quite knowledgeable;e when it comes to knitting and sizing. She just didn't want me to be disappointed with my mistakes later, which I completely understand. However, I am stubborn and if this doesn't work out, I will learn from my mistake. It's a sweater I know, but it's only stockinette stitch from this point on. I will just frog, live and learn.
Besides, I think this sweater is going to be okay. And I actually did measure myself as a result of this. So something good to come out of this. Not something I wanted to do, but I did it. And i survived.