Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yea for packages

I had two packages waiting for me in the midst of my two weeks of unsorted mail. The first is some beautiful sock yarn I won for second place in a contest from the High Fiber Diet podcast. I don't think this picture does it justice. I'm still not good with the picture taking.


This podcast is by two funny gals, Coggie and Bams, from Michigan. I think it's upper Michigan to be precise. They chat about knitting, spinning, their fiber, projects, and life in general. Just two normal, down to earth gals who try not to take life too seriously. And they almost always make me laugh. So drop on by and give them a listen. There is also a Ravelry forum of course!

And as though I don't have enough blogs and books to read, I won the following book from Booking Mama.

For a full summary of Sarah's Key check the link. In a nutshell, it describes events in Paris during the occupation of WW II, and a brother and sister who become separated . That's all I'll say for now, until I read it.

If you are looking for some good books to read, definitely check out Booking Mama's blog. How she finds the time I'll never know. She also knits, crochets, scrapbooks, and reviews children's books as too.
Happy knitting and TTFN!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you love SARAH'S KEY as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great packages! That yarn is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! It's always nice to come home to packages. I may have to ask Booking Mama exactly how she finds the time!

    ReplyDelete