Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Blogger slacker Jenny

Yes, I know, I've been slacking on the blogging lately. I do apologize. Last weekend my mom and I went to the movies to see Elizabeth the Golden Age w/Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen (hottie). It was alright, not as good as the first, but really, it's all about the costumes, jewels, and stuff like that. Blanchett is a great actress and I still maintain she was robbed of that Oscar. She makes a great Elizabeth I.


Anyway, afterwards we stopped by AC Moore so I could obviously check out the yarn selection. It should be noted I live in Philly, and we were over the bridge in Jersey. It's possible they have different stuff. And OMG they do! And they were having a sale...HELLO. So, I got some felting yarn for a booga bag http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html and 2 skeins for a scarf (Moda Dea).



Even so, the selection at the store was much nicer than my local AC Moore. They had sock yarn, and the store was neat, clean, and bright.
As far as my other projects go, I have been working fast and furious to finish them. A scarf for myself, a stuffed bunny for a co worker's baby, and socks for myself. Sorry, but most projects are all about me, because I don't have many knitted items for myself. I give everything away. I need some me time. I'll try and post some pix next week of what's OTN or finished (fingers crossed).
I should also mention two other reasons for blogger slacking:
1. Trying to learn how to spruce up this blog.
2. Too busy reading other people's blogs and trying to enter contests. I recommend checking out Knit with KT http://knitwithkt.blogspot.com/ She is an extremely busy knitter, who is also running a contest for silk yarn. Love it! She also offers patterns free or for sale. Go check her out. And wish me luck!
TTFN!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Slacker Girl :)
    I know you've been busy!! But I can't wait for you to start that booga bag!!
    And thanks for the heads up on the contest... but I think I'll leave this one for you to win. Go Jenny Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete