Friday, November 16, 2007

A Win-Win Situation


I don't consider myself a particularly lucky person. But a couple of weeks ago my friend, Knittingnovice http://www.stringandstitches.blogspot.com/ sent me a link to WiKnit, http://wiknit.blogspot.com/ the knitting contest blog. This blog is maintained by ever green knits http://evergreenknits.blogspot.com/, who has a pretty cool blog of her own. She posts details and links to knitting bloggers who are having contests. It's a great way to browse some interesting blogs and potentially win a prize. A win-win situation if I ever heard one. So I did some clicking and reading and entered a few of the contests.

Anyway, the point of all this is that apparently, I am a lucky person. I was a winner!! I won, not one, but two contests in the same week. I know. I was almost embarrassed to post that. Talk about a contest hog.

And today I received my first prize in the mail. I got an amazing package from Bea who lives in Texas. Her contest on her blog, BAA BAA Blacksheep http://bea-blacksheep.blogspot.com/ was such fun. She knits beautiful things, sews, takes wonderful pictures and has a family of the cutest furry babies you ever did see. In fact, the contest was to guess the weight of her "roly-poly" bulldog, Gus. And in honor of her 1 year blogging anniversary. She picked three winners, I didn't guess Gus' exact weight but I was close, and the prize was sock yarn!!!!

I was excited when I found the mailman had delivered the package this afternoon and I honestly expected to open it and find sock yarn, beautiful sock yarn. But Bea sent me a total goody package! I was totally amazed at her generosity. And it was all wrapped in pretty color-coordinated tissue, in the coolest bag ever. In fact, at first I didn't realize there was still more in the bag!! She not only sent me this beautiful, hand dyed, deep blue Shibui sock yarn, she sent me some really pretty blue/green beaded stitch markers, some fiber wash, a set of Crystal Palace dpn's, and a package of spool stockings.






And I have to just say the bag is so perfect for me. I commute every day into the city by train for work, and in addition to carrying my oversized handbag with assorted necessities, lunch, sometimes an umbrella etc., I also carry a small bag with my current small portable project. Lately, that's been a sock or a scarf. And so now I can ditch my usual knitting bag...

for the one Bea made. It's wonderful!! Lined with pretty fabric, a cool button, handles. Much better than my version!! She's going to be opening an etsy shop so watch for that.



Thank you Bea!! And to the rest of you, I promise not to enter any more blog contests. Good Luck!!

2 comments: