Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Runner-up goodies

Saturday afternoon I got home from work, and was just having a crappy day. Tired and cranky I debating about whether to take a nap, when Lucky started barking at the window. And did my wondering eyes see, but the mailman dropping off a package for me. Yeah goodies!!
Cinnamongirl93 had a contest on her blog Happy Handwork to celebrate spring. You had to post a comment, and let her know about your favorite spring flower. Grand prize was 2 skeins of purple malabrigo yarn. There were also two runner-up prizes of yarn. Cinnamongirl93 received over 300 comments. And I was lucky enough to be runner-up in the random number thingy.
So this is what I got.




Revealed from the prettily wrapped packages are two pieces of chocolate, one a solid lamb and one crispy rice, like a big chunk of Nestle's. Yummy! Two coffee singles you brew in the microwave in your coffee cup. Two scented candles that you can smell from far away. I believe the scent is white tea and it is heavenly! I don't want to burn them so I am going to keep them in my stash so the yarn will smells pretty. I did that before with some scented wax, and while I knitted I had a nice aroma going. A cute little card with a hand written note accompanied the package. That I brought to work and hung at my desk because it was pretty. But the best goodie of all was....


A skein of malabrigo chunky! YEA! Now you may find this hard to believe, but I have never knit with malabrigo, so I am definitely looking forward to using this yarn. I am going to make myself a nice warm hat for those days that are just brutally cold.

Thanks again Cinnamongirl93! Please check out her blog when you get a chance. She has very busy hands!

In other news, I cast on for my sweater. So far, so good. Didn't get very far, but I am working it, you know? Had trouble finding a good book to read. The past few have been duds in my opinion, so I went to the library yesterday and checked a couple of books out. I just started Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler and I have trouble putting it down. Basically a modern day girl goes through a break up, spends a night drinking Absolute and reading Pride & Prejudice. Then wakes up the next morning in 19th century England, a la Jane Austen's time. That's all I 'll say because I don't want to spoil it, but if I don't get a lot of knitting done this book is the reason why : )

TTFN!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! What yummy looking yarn...I have used the worsted and enjoyed knitting with it...I want to try the lace weight next. I had never thought of putting candles in my stash...I'm a candle junkie, going to try this! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great package. You'll love the Malabrigo.

    I have to choose between reading & knitting all the time; it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a lucky girl!

    I never win diddly----- sniffle, sniffle. One of these days I will. I tell myself I'm saving it all up to win the HGTV dream house but doggit I had best hurry!

    enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete