Monday, December 29, 2008

Citrus yoke pullover


I have finally finished this sweater. It really didn't take that long, it's just that I got side tracked by other projects, and then took vacation, and slightly side tracked again.
So here are the particulars:

Yarn: Wool of the Andes Bulky in Sky from Knitpicks
Needle Size: 11
Pattern: Citrus Yoke Sweater by Katie Himmelburg (Ravelry link)
Size: large?
Mods: Only 2 repeats on the neck, added a ribbed/yarn over border on bottom and sleeves,

I did a gauge swatch and fell in between needle sizes 10.5 and 11. Yes, I measured and so did Suzy, so I decided to go with 11. I didn't want the neck too tight. I followed the pattern for the most part. I started out following one size, but as I was doing the yoke, I realized I couldn't do all the repeats for that size. The yoke would have been down to my waist. So I think I eliminated one yoke repeat. Sorry it was a while ago.


From then on, it's straight knitting, so I just did what worked for me. I didn't want the hems to roll, so I added the ribbing/yarn over border. Which I think looks cute and goes with the flow.

I loved working with the yarn and the color. I am just not crazy with the pattern. Cattywampus told me that I will eventually figure out what sweaters work for me, and I can tell you already that yokes like this don't. I want the arm holes to be more fitted. These kind of hang down a wee bit. But since the pattern kind of continues onto the arms....well I didn't realize this was going to happen. Maybe I should have made a smaller size?? I don't want to look like a sausage either. Come on, you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, my dear friend told me to add a single crochet chain around the neckline in the inside. This should help with the arm hole thing. I have yet to tackle this. I'm thinking raglan increase sweaters work best for me so far. And I think I will definitely attempt a set in sleeve sweater too.
{I apologize for the blurry pictures, but you don't even want to know how many pictures Suzy and I took. They just didn't look good.}

TTFN!

6 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty color! I think you did a great job, even if you're not sure yokes work for you. You're right in seeing which sweaters will work for you vs. which ones don't. Once you figure that out, everything you knit should look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful. I really like the color of the yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color. I'm sure it looks fabulous on you!
    I know what you mean about the right sweater. I think knitted clothing is the most difficult project to size correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and I love the color!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic color! It's perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete