Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First things first

Well, it's been quite some time since I shared some knitting related news. I don't really have a good reason for my lack of attention to the blog. Let's just say I was a bit distracted throughout the summer and fall.

But I have been knitting so I thought I try to catch up a little. Last time I blogged about knitting I think I was working on my "sock blank gone bad" neckwarmer. Well, I've finished that and have gone on to knit a couple of more. And have queued a dozen more on ravelry. In fact, I'm quite taken with the whole neckwarmer/cowl/smokering genre. I've found them to be the solution to a few problems... 1) quick knit, unlike a scarf which can go on forever 2) stash buster for those single skeins and most important 3) they do the job, keeping my neck warm. And when my neck is warm... I'm warm all over. So you'd think I'd share some photos of these FO's, right? Wrong.

First I'm going to share a project I began way back in February. My first sweater!!!


Which doesn't fit me!! So, #2 DD, biggest fan of my knitting, has graciously offered to give the sweater a home until I get my ass back to the gym and take off the extra pounds that are preventing me from modeling it. She wore it Thanksgiving and I took the opportunity to snap a picture of her and Grandmom (who declined to be blogged, especially since she was not wearing a hand knit sweater). Actually #2DD didn't agree to appear on the blog but I thought since I cropped the photo she'd be ok with it. And she does owe me for the sweater.


So the details of denial:

Pattern:
Knitting Pure and Simple Neck Down Scoop Neck Cardigan #278 by Diane Soucy
Yarn:
Ella Rae Classic Wool in Light Green Heather
Needles: US 4 and 6
Size: a smaller version of me


I had heard the KPS patterns were great basic patterns and I'd have to agree. It was an easy knit and I'll definitely knit another.

On a happier note, I also finished a February Lady Sweater this fall, (it fits me) that I wear quite often and I'm working on a Mr. Greenjeans (finally) that I also plan to wear.
And just for the record I did try this on while I was knitting it but kept hoping that blocking would miraculously take care of the gap between the buttons.

8 comments:

  1. The sweater fits DD perfectly! And such a classic, neutral color. Maybe she'll give it back to you one day? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure this is a hand knit, because it sure doesn't look like it. Which I guess is the point, right?
    It is beautiful and DD#2 wears it well. Awesome job sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweater, you did a great job!

    I keep hoping this winter I can knit my first sweater for myself, I worry about the fit though lol. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fantastic job you did! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just play it off like you knit it for her. No biggie!

    Great job. It's a fantastic sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love cardis. Simple construction always appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete