Monday, December 8, 2008

Finally some pictures

It has taken me a while, but I have finally whittled down my pictures and added some captions. There are over 250 pictures. Whew that's a lot! Each one has meaning to me, but I'm sure they won't for you. There are a lot of rocks and sunsets in there. I think I took pics every night of the sunset. Those are all from standing on my lanai. I just didn't want to forget it.

Hawaii November 2008


As far as Volcano National Park, it was a very awe-inspiring experience for us. You're driving along enjoying the rain forest, and then wham! you come across a cooled lava flow with total devastation. Then a little later, the rain forest picks up again. Being the city folks we are, we were blown away by mother nature. The day we went it was pouring rain most of the time, and some places had poor visibility due to fog. We never made it to the active lava flow either, but with the rain, we probably wouldn't have really seen it.

The landscape changed in every quadrant of the island, and I really tried to capture that. There were some places we didn't get to visit due to some unforeseen issues, so pictures of flowers are virtually nil. Sorry about that.

I hope you enjoy these pictures. I will leave this link active until the holidays, and then after that I'm going to close it. Also, if you have any questions about the Big Island, please feel free to ask. It is a wonderful place, with awesome people, whose motto is "no worries".

TTFN and knitting photos next time. I mean it :)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'll be sure to look them over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the pics are GORGEOUS. I think they'd really have to kick me out if I went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Pictures! Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures - it looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures. I have come back a few times to keep looking. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete