Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Knitting in the New Year


Welcome 2008!!

Happy New Year!


I've spent the last couple of days feeling compelled to work on that damn pink aran cable scarf. I'm about 8-10 inches from completion and I really wanted to finish it up and get it off my needles. You know, kind of like "out with the old", so I could turn my attention to "in with the new".
Feeling like I'm on a deadline to finish it has taken some of the pleasure from the act of knittng. That, and the fact that it's, well, pink and I wouldn't have personally chosen to make if it wasn't being done as a favor and special request.
So while I've been knitting away on that pink scarf... without a cable needle btw... I've been considering what I'd like to accomplish in the new year and in the spirit of the day I have some knitting New Year's Resolutions.

  • No more deadline knitting. I don't want knitting to feel like a chore so I'm going to more selective in what I knit and more realistic in what I can reasonably accomplish in my free time.

  • Knit from my stash. It was almost nonexistent when Jenny Girl and I first started blogging but I've done some serious stash enhancement this fall (a trip to Stitches East) so before it gets out of control, it's time to cast on for some of those projects I had in mind when I was buying yarn (clapotis, Mr. Greenjeans).

  • Try some new techniques and step out of my comfort zone. I really want to knit my first sweater and tackle some charted patterns and maybe even some colorwork so I'm going to pick a small project to get my feet wet and dive in. And if it's not a rousing success the first try, well that's what frogging is for.

  • Take better pictures. That may not be within my reach but I'm going to try (the one above doesn't count).

So, hopefully I'll have some interesting, new projects to share in the coming weeks. Happy New Year!!


1 comment:

  1. Scarf is beautiful. I really do like it. I agree w/ your knitting resolutions...I've been working on mine too.
    Happy New Year Two Crazy Knit Chicks!

    ReplyDelete