Friday, September 7, 2007

Jenny's got two socks. Yipee! "What about me?", said my OTN poncho.




I have finished my first pair of socks. I am very proud of myself, since I used websites, Suzy Girl, and books to do it. Here is a photo. (See, told I would eventually have some of these.) And look at how much yarn I have ;leftover. I'm going to try to work it into a scarf. I can be creative now and then.

So, my WIP I have had OTN for quite some time: the poncho with sleeves. I bought this in the Spring, figuring I would have it finished in time for fall. Well, that's so not going to happen. As you can see, I have quite a ways to go. This is only the back. LOL Maybe by next fall, but I have other projects in mind, such as more socks, a bunny thingy for my friend's baby that is due in February. Gotta get cracking on that. Oh yeah, and a shrug for my big vacation next October. More on that in future posts.





Last night, I started a scarf while watching the Colts-Saints game. I am a gi-huge-ic Colts fan. Since 1997, so don't even think about going there. Anyway, I started a sock last night, but got distracted by the game, and had to frog it, hence the easy garter scarf, but with fancy yarn. Photo on that next week.

So you see, I have a lot going on. Oh yeah, I also take classes at night twice a week. But I'm finally a senior, so when I graduate I'll have extra free time to knit.

Besides knitting, I also love to read. Fiction, romantic historical fiction, historical fiction, and some fantasy books, like Harry Potter. The woman can write, what can I say! Anything fun, enjoyable, and a bit escapist I guess. Anyway, I just finished Twilight, and I absolutely loved it! Love story between young girl and a vamp. I was huge Buffy/Angel fan. Anyway, the writing was good and left me wanting more, so I am waiting for the second book from the library. It's a pretty popular series now apparently. Young adult fiction, but like MR. Sinatra said, "You have to be young at heart."

Enjoy your weekend and talk to you soon. TTFN :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the socks. Someday, hopefully soon, I'll have 2 socks too. Heck, at this point, one complete sock would be a miracle.

    ReplyDelete